Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What I have Read in the Last 12 months

Go down 
+4
123stingy321
heather
katielou_5
s.emmerson
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
s.emmerson

s.emmerson

Number of posts : 17
City you live in : Bradford
Registration date : 2007-05-24

What I have Read in the Last 12 months Empty
PostSubject: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 8:52 am

In this section I would like us all to post reviews on the books that we have read within the last 12 months. It can be any type of book, so fiction non-fiction.

Many thanks Scott Emmerson
Back to top Go down
katielou_5
Major Major readers
Major Major readers
katielou_5

Number of posts : 231
Hobbies : Reading, Reading
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyThu Oct 11, 2007 2:25 am

lots! Secret countess is good and it's based on a real story. Anna is a russian countess and she works as a maid and has no money. Nobody at the house knows who she is, but then she starts to fall in love with the earl and the falls in love with her. he is getting married to a lady that doesn't love him, will anna ever get her fairytail ending?
pirat
Back to top Go down
heather

heather

Number of posts : 62
Hobbies : Singing (always), Music, Reading
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptySun Oct 14, 2007 10:06 am

Hey Scott!
I've read Love lessons, The Tide Knot(Ingo), Illustrated mum and now i'm reading The Secret Countess. All of them are really good, the secret countess is getting good but its a bit complicated.
Back to top Go down
123stingy321

123stingy321

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: What I Have Read In The Last 12 Months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 9:42 am

Quite a bit!!! I especially loved Michael Morpurgo's book Alone On A Wide Wide Sea. It is about a boy called Michael who is taken to Australia by boat during the war. When he arrives there, he is sent to a farm with several other children and is used for child labour. They are whipped if they don't do enough work. This whipping got so bad one child died from it. After that, Michael and his best friend Marty left and vowed never to return. They were found by a woman who took them in and cared for them like her own children. All the while Michael knew he had a sister but he didn't know where she was. When Michael and Marty were old enough, they were sent to work for a boat maker. One night Marty jumped in the sea and drowned. When Michael had recovered after this shock, he set sail to find his long lost sister. After months of sailing, he found his long lost sister and it all ended happily.
Back to top Go down
Al_30
Major Posters/readers
Major Posters/readers
Al_30

Number of posts : 192
City you live in : bradford
Hobbies : Flight sim and reading
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 9:45 am

Sounds interesting, however i hate micheal morpurgo as cool is so rubbish!!!! I enjoyed kensukies kingdom
Back to top Go down
http://www.vatsim-uk.org
**ray-ray**

**ray-ray**

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 9:58 am

Smile Very Happy In the last 12 months ive read Kensukes Kingdom by Micheal Morpurgo. I really enjoyed it. Its a story about a boy, his family and his dog.They decide that the life that they already live is too boring and they want a bit of action in there life, so they decide to buy a ship and live on it and travel around the world. They decvide that they want to find an place to live that they would find on there journey and they decide that they would stop of at every island that looked exciting Sleep . One night they were in there ship and the dog fell in the water micheal(the child) dercided to save thge dog and jumped in. They ened up on what seemed to be a deserted is land. They find a small japanise gug and he tells them about his life they becoime friends and micheeal and his dog find there parents after they have been shearching for them.
Back to top Go down
Beth

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-10-09

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 8:51 am

The michael morpurgo books are brilliant!!!!!!! flower

Like a Star @ heaven I have read a load of them study

Which books do you think is the best out of all of them Question

good review Exclamation Exclamation

lol! Like a Star @ heaven elephant Very Happy monkey Wink Laughing Smile
Back to top Go down
Al_30
Major Posters/readers
Major Posters/readers
Al_30

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 12:51 pm

Well first of all how ,any smiles do you want!! and second my favourite michael morpurgo book is kensukies kingdom. And thats it!
Back to top Go down
katielou_5
Major Major readers
Major Major readers
katielou_5

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 8:33 am

Alone on a wide wide sea is a very good book but it's very sad!
pirat
Back to top Go down
123stingy321

123stingy321

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 8:45 am

I totally agree that is was sad but i was totally hooked. I couldnt put it down and had read it in 3 days
Back to top Go down
**ray-ray**

**ray-ray**

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 8:48 am

i really like the micheal morpergo books ive only read few but the ones that ive read were really good and i enjoyed all of the ones that i have read. my faviroute book was kenmsukies kingdom. i really enjoyed that book and i thought that i was the best book that he wrote Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Al_30
Major Posters/readers
Major Posters/readers
Al_30

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 8:51 am

Great minds think a like
Back to top Go down
katielou_5
Major Major readers
Major Major readers
katielou_5

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 11:52 am

In primary school we started to read kensukes kingdom but we never finished it!
geek / pirat
Back to top Go down
katielou_5
Major Major readers
Major Major readers
katielou_5

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 11:59 am

Has anyone read any gossip girl books??
erm... exodus and zenith??
geek / pirat
Back to top Go down
Al_30
Major Posters/readers
Major Posters/readers
Al_30

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 3:50 am

Ooooo i have, they are really good lol!
Back to top Go down
Al_30
Major Posters/readers
Major Posters/readers
Al_30

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 3:53 am

I have just finished it and its really good
Back to top Go down
**ray-ray**

**ray-ray**

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 8:28 am

i am also reading JAKCY DAYDREAM it is an autpobigrapy about jackline wilson and what books she like where she went to school and things like that. i would definately recoment it to any one who either likes jakline wilson or dosent because it is a really good book Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
katielou_5
Major Major readers
Major Major readers
katielou_5

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 8:28 am

Well thats sort of obvious you did borrow them off me!
pirat / geek
Back to top Go down
katielou_5
Major Major readers
Major Major readers
katielou_5

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 8:29 am

Isn't jaquline wilson aimed at 9-12 year olds????
geek / pirat
Back to top Go down
Lyndsay

Lyndsay

Number of posts : 17
Hobbies : Reading, music, a bit of everything
Registration date : 2007-01-10

PostSubject: New Books   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 8:37 am

Well done you lot. You read an awful lot. Very good!! What have I read recently?! I've posted this in another section by Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit and The Bell Jar both are slightly older texts though but thoroughly enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
123stingy321

123stingy321

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 8:40 am

Sorry Is this just me being slow or am i right in asking what has this conversation got to do with Michael Morpurgo books and/or alone on a wide wide sea
Back to top Go down
katielou_5
Major Major readers
Major Major readers
katielou_5

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 8:42 am

the topic name didn't say that also you don't have to stick to one book!
geek / pirat
Back to top Go down
katielou_5
Major Major readers
Major Major readers
katielou_5

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 8:44 am

There are plenty of books to read there is a whole world out there!!!!! cheers
geek / pirat
Back to top Go down
Al_30
Major Posters/readers
Major Posters/readers
Al_30

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 8:48 am

Ok
Back to top Go down
katielou_5
Major Major readers
Major Major readers
katielou_5

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 8:49 am

Well have you been in the big wide world alex??
geek / pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I have Read in the Last 12 months   What I have Read in the Last 12 months Empty

Back to top Go down

What I have Read in the Last 12 months
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next